- Wood Burning: Authentic barbecue is the result of cooking meat with the smoke and heat of burning wood. The smoke penetrates the meat giving it a flavor that cannot be obtained in any other way. Southern Pride uses fireplace size logs to obtain flavor, aroma, color and texture beyond comparison.
- Gas Fired Ignition System: Eliminates the need to manually ignite the wood. The electronic pilot - gas burner fires into the firebox, igniting the wood and assuring 100% combustion of the wood. The burner initially bring the internal oven temperature to the set point and continues to cycle as needed to maintain a constant internal oven temperature. This eliminates the need for training skilled employees to barbecue. This saves countless dollars in labor, food cost and wood usage. 50,000 BTU
- Convection Air: This unique convection system continually recirculates smoke and heat throughout the entire pit, insuring temperature uniformity. This feature reduces cooking time, reduces shrinkage and allows cooking at a lower temperature.
- Rotisserie: This Southern Pride feature provides self-basting of the product to enhance its flavor and texture. In conjunction with the convection system, the rotisserie eliminates your need to turn the product while it cooks. The food racks are specially designed for quick removal and easy cleaning. Foot Controlled Rotisserie Switch included.
- Subterthermic flue: Maximum smoke intensity is obtained with this unique Southern Pride flue system. It increases smoke flavor of the meat, increased heat efficiency and drastically reduces wood usage. In conjunction with insulated walls and our air-over firebox, the Subterthermic flue reduces wood usage to as little as two fireplace-size logs for an entire day's cooking.
- Downtime Eliminated: The unique wood burning feature of this equipment allows for the cooking process to
continuein the remote possibility of power or component failure.
Vent HoodSystem: Custom vent hood that bolts directly to the smoker and gets ducted out of the building. http://www.southern-pride.com/_new/support/venting.php
- Smoke Extractor: Smoke evacuation system which activates automatically when the meat
doorsare opened, used in conjunction with an exhaust fan (not supplied by Southern Pride) to evacuate the oven of smoke prior to opening the meat doors. Reduces heat and smoke emitting into the face of the operator and into the room.
- Programmable Digital Roast and Hold Control: Allows you to set the time and temperature as well as a hold temperature so when the oven completes it's cook it goes directly into a hold cycle so you don't have to be present when the cook is complete.
- 12" x 30" Nickel Chrome Plated Ham Rack
- Working Height Locking Casters: Heavy duty locking casters that allow the oven to be moved.
- European Voltage Conversion: 220 volt, 50 cycle, one phase
- Through the Wall Insulation: Used to put between the oven and the wall when installing the oven directly through the wall.
- 12" x 30" Nickel Chrome Plated Food Rack
- 12" x 30" Stainless Steel Food Rack
- Delivery Casters: Metal casters on short legs that are used to ship the oven so they can be loaded and unloaded easier.
- Stainless Steel Trim Kit: Used to trim over the insulation and to fill the gap of a through the wall installation.
- Trailer Mount Legs: Shorter legs with a mounting flange built on them to allow the oven to be bolted to the floor of a trailer.
- Crating Charge (if shipped common carrier)
- Pork Butts (7-8 lb): 48 total
- St. Louis Ribs (2.75 lb): 48 total
- Whole Chickens (3-4 lb): 64 total
- Beef Brisket (11-13 lb): 24 total
- Spare Ribs (4-5 lb): 24 total
Request A Quote
Please use the following form to request a quote for the SPX-300 smoker.
* Denotes a required field.