- U.S., Canada & Mexico List Price $12,980 + tax and freight
- International List Price $16,236 + tax and freight
- Click here to locate your distributor and request a formal price quote.
- 304 Stainless Steel, Double Wall Insulated Construction
- Fully Automatic: Southern Pride wood burning barbecue pits eliminate all the guesswork in barbecuing. There's no need for constant attention, no need to even turn the meat while it's cooking. Southern Pride is fully automatic.
- Thermostatic Control: Precise thermostatic control maintains a constant pit temperature and provides for day-to-day product consistency. This eliminates the need for training skilled employees to barbecue, saving countless dollars in a restaurant's two most expensive factors: food cost and labor.
- Wood Burning: Authentic barbecue is the result of cooking meat with the smoke and heat of burning wood. The smoke penetrates the meat giving it a flavor that cannot be obtained in any other way. Southern Pride uses fireplace size logs to obtain flavor, aroma, color and texture beyond comparison.
- Gas Fired Ignition System: Eliminates the need to manually ignite the wood. The electronic pilot - gas burner fires into the firebox, igniting the wood and assuring 100% combustion of the wood. The burner initially bring the internal oven temperature to the set point and continues to cycle as needed to maintain a constant internal oven temperature. This eliminates the need for training skilled employees to barbecue. This saves countless dollars in labor, food cost and wood usage. 65,000 BTU burner
- Convection Fan Clean out Door: Allows for easy access to the convection fan blade for easy cleaning. (pictured below)
- Front or rear flue option
- Interior light
- Convection Air: This unique convection system continually recirculates smoke and heat throughout the entire pit, insuring temperature uniformity. This feature reduces cooking time, reduces shrinkage and allows cooking at a lower temperature.
- Rotisserie: This Southern Pride feature provides self-basting of the product to enhance its flavor and texture. In conjunction with the convection system, the rotisserie eliminates your need to turn the product while it cooks. The food racks are specially designed for quick removal and easy cleaning. Foot Controlled Rotisserie Switch included.
- SubterthermicTM flue: Maximum smoke intensity is obtained with this unique Southern Pride flue system. It increases smoke flavor of the meat, increased heat efficiency and drastically reduces wood usage. In conjunction with insulated walls and our air-over firebox, the SubterthermicTM flue reduces wood usage to as little as two fireplace-size logs for an entire day's cooking.
- Downtime Eliminated: The unique wood burning feature of this equipment allows for the cooking process to continue in the remote possibility of power or component failure.
- Convection fan blade access door. It is paramount that you keep your fan blade clean to ensure airflow and to prevent your convection fan motor from failing. (see below)
MODEL: MLR- 150
Electrical Requirements: 120 volt AC, 60 hertz, 1-phase, 15
amp wiring required. NEMA 5-15P plug
Gas Requirements: Natural or Liquid Propane (L.P.)
Supply Line: Minimum 1/2 inch N.P.T.
Supply Pressure:L.P.: 11.0 inch W.C. min. - 13.0 inch W.C. max.
Natural: 4.5 inch W.C. min. - 10.0 inch W.C. max.
Burner: 65,000 BTU , Electronic Pilot Gas Burner (Must
specify Natural or L.P. gas configuration @ order).
Firebox: Large capacity 10 ga. H.R. steel. Uses charcoal or
wood logs: 2-3 logs, 4-6 inch diameter, 12-16 inches long.
Food Racks: Rotisserie with four (4) hangers, each with three
(3) 10 inch x 22 inch food racks (12 total). 18 Sq.Ft. of cooking
surface, 2-1/2 inch spacing between food racks.
Air Circulation: Low Velocity Convection Fan.
Temperature Range: 100-325 degrees F.
Shipping Weight: 700 lbs.
Approvals: ETL, 2012
Venting: VSP Hood ready and Smoke Extractor ready.
- VSP Vent Hood System: Custom vent hood that bolts directly to the smoker and gets ducted out of the building. http://www.southern-pride.com/_new/support/venting.php
- Smoke Extractor: Smoke evacuation system which activates automatically when the meat doors are opened, used in conjunction with an exhaust fan, (not supplied by Southern Pride) to evacuate the oven of smoke prior to opening the meat doors. Reduces heat and smoke emitting into the face of the operator and into the room.
- Reverse Firebox (Mirror Image Unit)
- Optional Digital Roast and Hold Control: allows you to set the cook time and temp and then add a hold cycle which lowers the temperature to hold the food till you are ready.
- 18" x 22" Nickel Chrome Plated Rib Rack
- 18" x 22" Stainless Steel Rib Rack
- Through the Wall Insulation Kit: Used to put between the oven and the wall when installing the oven directly through a wall.
- Delivery Casters: Metal casters on short legs that are used to ship the oven so they can be loaded and unloaded easier.
- European Voltage Conversion (220 volt, 50 cycle, 1 phase)
- Working Height Locking Casters: Heavy duty locking casters that allow the oven to be moved.
- Stainless Steel Trim Kit: Used to trim over the insulation and to fill the gap of a through the wall installation.
- Competition Package: Includes moisture infusion system, gas cut-off switch and a charcoal firebox insert.
- Mobile Smoke Evacuation System: Consists of a greenheck exhaust fan, smoke extractor, and smoke extractor extension with clean-out
- Caster Jack
- LP Tank Assembly Complete
- Mobile Hold Down Clips for Racks and Hangers
1. Owner to return part, freight PREPAID, Southern Pride to repair at own expense if defective and ship part back to owner freight collect.2. Southern Pride to furnish replacement part, freight collect, without requesting return of the defecting part.3. Southern Pride to furnish replacement part, freight collect, in exchange for return of the defective part, freight collect.
- St. Louis Ribs (2.75 lb): 24 total/132 lbs total with 12 Rib Racks: 120 total/330 lbs total
- Spare Ribs (3.5 lb): 12 total
- Pork Butts (8-10 lb): 16 total
- Beef Brisket (12 lb): 8 total
- Turkeys, Hams, Shoulders, Prime Rib (12-14 lb): 4-8 total
- Whole Chickens (3 lb): 48 total
- These are approximate cooking capacities. Capacities will vary based on product specifications and loading method.